Our hospitalised cases (medical cases or day in-patients), are only discharged when they are ready, in terms of walking, eating, drinking and mentally aware of their surroundings.
Our emergency service is covered by Coast-vets St Leonard’s on sea (evenings and including Saturday late afternoon and Sunday all day and night). Nevertheless all our in patients do remain hospitalised at Horsebridge Veterinary Practice, weekdays and weekends, until they are ready to be discharged.
All our 4 qualified nurses are highly experienced with one head nurse, with 2 training coaches, and one diploma nurse.
They have very broad areas of interest, including anaesthesia of very challenging cases, intensive care; treatment and management of wounds, physiotherapy; including laser therapy in a multimodal type of cases, exotic (birds and reptiles), medicine and surgery, and intensive care.
- Pet Health Plans called Trust Me
- Vaccinations for cats – we offer Merial Rcp and Felv or Rcpch and Felv with alternative years inoculations from the second booster – why are these beneficial?
- Vaccinations for dogs – Dhppi plus lepto multi which eliminates the controversial Lepto 4 virus. We offer alternative years inoculations from the 2nd booster so as not to overvaccinate your pet – read more about vaccinating your dog..
- Primary and booster vaccinations for rabbits – read more
- Booster vaccinations for dogs, cats, rabbits and ferrets
- Identification scheme (microchip)
- 24 hour emergency cover from within the practice
- Pet travel scheme for dogs, cats, ferrets and rabbits and exports to the EU and non EU state members of pets including pet birds. We include the issue of pet passports and pet exports health certificates
- Intensive care treatment
- Blood bank donor register – cats and dogs
- Rigid and flexible endoscopy for routine procedures
- Geriatric clinics, including regular diagnostic tests and blood pressure monitoring
- Free advice from our qualified nurses
- Regular worming and flea treatment
- Weight and dental healthcare clinics
- Arthritis preventive treatment (for dogs and cats)
- Blood bank
- Pet travel scheme for dogs, cats, ferrets and rabbits and exports to the EU and non EU state member of pets including pet birds. We issue pet passports and pet exports health certificates.
- Microchip of reptiles and birds (under general anaesthesia for birds less than 200 grams or whenever is necessary in bigger birds)
- Hospitalisation facilities for dogs (separate dog kennel), cats (separate cat kennels), rabbits and guinea pigs (separate area)
- Reptiles (bespoke reptile kennels)
- Birds (bespoke separate areas)
- Intensive care equipment for all intensive cases
- K laser therapy which can help with wound healing, osteoarthritis/lameness, post surgery rehabilitation, chronic wounds, pain management, ligaments and tendon conditions, nerve and spinal cord problems and bone and cartilage repair
- Physiotherapist service on a Wednesday (at present)
- Burgess diagnostic MRI and CT mobile unit which comes to the practice by arranged appointment – CT systems are able to scan large areas of the body in one process and can deliver a large number of images than can help with the diagnosis of cancer diseases, trauma and musculoskeletal disorders.
– MRI is the diagnostic of choice for the investigation of neurological, joint and spinal disease processes
Horsebridge Veterinary Practice supports Seahaven Wildlife Rescue which is based in East Sussex and specialise in the rescue, release and rehabilitation of wildlife but in particular in the medical treatment and intensive care cases.
Reg charity 1163126